Friday, March 29, 2013

Broken

Broken.

My Dad's body was broken.  Cancer, beginning in the colon.  Traveling to the liver.  And the lungs.

The lungs had been broken for awhile.

And the chemo drugs broke it more.

The heart began to break.

And our hearts broke to watch the breaking down of his body and the thoughts of continuing on without him.

And then he wasn't broken anymore.  His body lay on that bed.  Still. Quiet. Empty.

I sit in church and hear the familiar words, "This is my body broken for you."

Jesus was broken.  For my dad.

And because Jesus was broken, my dad is no longer broken.  He is whole.

Here on earth I still feel broken, some days more broken than others.

Jesus was broken.  For me.

I will be whole.  And I will be with my dad again.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. The truth of being broken and healed. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do feel more broken some days than others but I am so thankful He is there to heal everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my mom in 2011 and look forward to be reunited with her someday too! Thanks for the reminder of hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- I LOVED the direction you took "broken". Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments. It helps to not feel alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Broken...yes. And hopeful because of He was broken. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete